At Blue Ridge Vineyard, we believe the best way to grow in AGAPE is in community with others in loving relationships. This happens naturally in a healthy small group. AGAPE Groups are our primary place for growing more deeply in the love of God, through fellowship, caring, and shared spiritual growth.
Whether you connect through dance and exercise, prayer, Bible study, shared meals, worship, discussion, or some other means, there is something for everyone!
Schedules are subject to change, so check out the church calendar for the most current events. For more details on any of our AGAPE Groups or ministries, stop by the Connection Center at church.
Current AGAPE Groups
- Men’s Discipleship Group: This men’s group shares breakfast, studies God’s Words, and prays for one another. Invite a friend and join in. Tuesdays at 6:30am, at IHOP in Weaverville (61 Weaver Blvd., Suite C). For more information, contact Dave Moore at email@example.com.
- Weaverville AGAPE Group: This group meets every other week at alternating homes to share life, encouragement, and prayer requests. First and third Tuesdays of the month at 6:30pm, in Weaverville, NC. For more information and meeting locations, contact David and Leslie Anderson (firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com) or Doug and Mary DeJong (firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com).
- North AGAPE Group: This group meets in various homes, so contact one of the group leaders to find out where they are meeting this week. Tuesdays at 6:30pm, in Mars Hill, NC. For more information, contact Dave Moore (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Gwen Moore (email@example.com).
- South AGAPE Group: This is a family-oriented home group that fellowships through worship, prayer, and Bible discussion. Tuesdays at 6:45pm, in Etowah, NC. If you’re interested in joining this group, please contact Chris Ford at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Youth Group: BRVC Youth is a vibrant ministry aimed at reaching 7th-12th grade, to connect with God, have fun, and build lasting relationships. We are examining our roots and looking at our foundations so we may stand in this ever-changing world and be the light that is desperately needed. We are a growing community of young adults who love to worship, laugh, and learn. We provide a place for artists to grow, gifts to be cultivated, and interests to be shaped in our God’s great kingdom. Come join us! Wednesdays at 6:30pm, at Blue Ridge Vineyard Church. For more information, contact Phillip Mullis at email@example.com.
- Intercessory Prayer Group: Join us as we meet each week, or as often as you are able, to pray together for: our church; individual members’ requests; our community; and our country. We have a short time of worship, a brief devotion/teaching on prayer, and intercession as the Holy Spirit leads us. Thursdays from 10:00am-12:00pm, at Blue Ridge Vineyard Church. For more information, contact Nancy Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Men’s Ministry: Men of all ages are invited to come and share in a time of discussion and prayer as we seek to deepen our friendship with God and with our brothers in the Body of Christ. First and third Saturdays of the month at 9:00am, at Riverside Park in Woodfin. For more information, contact Dave Moore at email@example.com.
- Grace & Praise Ladies’ Dance/Exercise Class: “Grace and Praise” is a dance fitness/exercise class for ladies. It is similar to Zumba and easy to follow, with no experience necessary. We dance to mostly all Christian music, with uplifting and encouraging lyrics! Come get a great workout while having fun in a community setting. Saturdays at 10:30am, at Blue Ridge Vineyard Church. For more information, contact Grace Wickersham at firstname.lastname@example.org.