At Blue Ridge Vineyard, we believe the best way to grow in AGAPE is in community with others in loving relationships. This happens naturally in a healthy small group. AGAPE Groups are our primary place for growing more deeply in the love of God, through fellowship, caring, and shared spiritual growth.
Whether you connect through dance and exercise, prayer, Bible study, shared meals, worship, discussion, or some other means, there is something for everyone!
Schedules are subject to change, so check out the church calendar for the most current events. For more details on any of our AGAPE Groups or ministries, stop by the Connection Center at church.
Current AGAPE Groups
- Secrets of a Prayer Warrior Class: Prayer is one of the greatest opportunities, one of the greatest privileges, and one of the greatest ministries available to all Christians. Would you like to have a more effective, life-changing prayer life? There is no higher calling. We will explore such topics as: basic conditions for answered prayer; Kingdom praying on earth; twelve different types of prayer; how to discover and pray God’s will; spiritual weapons for spiritual warfare; God’s atomic weapon—the blood of Jesus; and discovering our authority in Christ through prayer. We will discover insights and understanding to help us cultivate a new life as one of God’s prayer warriors—for our families, our church, our community, and our nation. We will have practical application time as we learn from one another in corporate prayer. This study is based upon the book by Derek Prince. Sundays from 9:00am-10:15am, at Blue Ridge Vineyard Church. For more information, contact Nancy Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AGAPE Lunch Club: This group meets after church each Sunday and share a potluck lunch. Expect a laid-back atmosphere, and everyone is welcome, so bring the kids. Football will be provided. This is a time to grow as a community, loving and praying for one another. Come and let’s see what God will do. Sundays at 1:30pm. For more information and meeting location, contact David Case at email@example.com.
- The Beloved AGAPE Group: This group is a personal, practical encouragement and exploration towards an intimate, spousal relationship with the God in love with you. It is for all ages, genders, and relationship statuses. Second and fourth Sundays of the month, from 5:00pm-7:00pm, at Blue Ridge Vineyard Church. For more information, contact Laura Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Men’s Discipleship Group: This men’s group shares breakfast, studies God’s Words, and prays for one another. Invite a friend and join in. Tuesdays at 6:30am, at IHOP in Weaverville (61 Weaver Blvd., Suite C). For more information, contact Dave Moore at email@example.com.
- Weaverville AGAPE Group: This group meets every other week at alternating homes to share life, encouragement, and prayer requests. First and third Tuesdays of the month at 6:30pm, in Weaverville, NC. For more information and meeting locations, contact David and Leslie Anderson (firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com) or Doug and Mary DeJong (firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com).
- North AGAPE Group: This group meets in various homes, so contact one of the group leaders to find out where they are meeting this week. Tuesdays at 6:30pm, in Mars Hill, NC. For more information, contact Dave Moore (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Gwen Moore (email@example.com).
- South AGAPE Group: This is a family-oriented home group that fellowships through worship, prayer, and Bible discussion. Tuesdays at 6:45pm, in Etowah, NC. If you’re interested in joining this group, please contact Chris Ford at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Women’s Bible Study: We are doing the Bible study “Armor of God” by Priscilla Shirer. There will be fellowship, discussion, and prayer. Wednesdays at 12:30pm, at Blue Ridge Vineyard Church. For more information, contact Mary DeJong at email@example.com.
- Intercessory Prayer Group: Join us as we meet each week, or as often as you are able, to pray together for: our church; individual members’ requests; our community; and our country. We have a short time of worship, a brief devotion/teaching on prayer, and intercession as the Holy Spirit leads us. Thursdays from 10:00am-12:00pm, at Blue Ridge Vineyard Church. For more information, contact Nancy Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hearing From God: Exploring the Many Ways God Speaks: We are exploring the many ways God speaks, referencing a book by David Stone and using suggested lessons for practical application. We will open with music and end with prayer for any needs. Light refreshments will be served. Purchase of book is optional. Thursdays from 6:30pm-8:30pm. For more information and meeting location, contact Mary Ann Yale at email@example.com.
- Rewilding Christianity: Encountering the Creator in Creation: “Ask the animals and they will teach you, or the birds of the sky, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth and it will teach you, or let the fish in the sea inform you. Which of all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this? In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind” (Job 12:7-10). In this group, we facilitate a lively discussion centered around God’s design for his people to be healthy and connected to his creation. We will share a healthy meal, worship, and then have a time for discussion and prayer. Some evenings we will meet around the fire. Topics include how to incorporate healing practices through diet and lifestyle, applying principles of permaculture to the current church, evolution versus creation, seeing God’s hand in the design of our planet, how the enemy is always trying to get our eyes off Jesus—plus much more! Listen as this song parallels the idea for this group. Every other Friday at 6:00pm. For more information and meeting location, contact Webb or Danielle Eavenson (firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com).
- Men’s Ministry: Men of all ages are invited to come and share in a time of discussion and prayer as we seek to deepen our friendship with God and with our brothers in the Body of Christ. First and third Saturdays of the month at 9:00am, at Riverside Park in Woodfin. For more information, contact Dave Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grace & Praise Ladies’ Dance/Exercise Class: “Grace and Praise” is a dance fitness/exercise class for ladies. It is similar to Zumba and easy to follow, with no experience necessary. We dance to mostly all Christian music, with uplifting and encouraging lyrics! Come get a great workout while having fun in a community setting. Saturdays at 10:30am, at Blue Ridge Vineyard Church. For more information, contact Grace Wickersham at email@example.com.