At Blue Ridge Vineyard, we believe the best way to grow in AGAPE is in community with others in loving relationships. This happens naturally in a healthy small group. AGAPE Groups are our primary place for growing more deeply in the love of God, through fellowship, caring, and shared spiritual growth.
Whether you connect through dance and exercise, prayer, Bible study, shared meals, worship, discussion, or some other means, there is something for everyone!
Schedules are subject to change, so contact the groups leader(s) for the most current information. For more details on any of our AGAPE Groups, classes, or ministries, stop by the Connection Center at church.
Current AGAPE Groups
- Men’s Discipleship Group: This men’s group shares breakfast, studies God’s Words, and prays for one another. Invite a friend and join in. Tuesdays at 6:30am. For more information, contact Dave Moore.
- Weaverville AGAPE Group 1: This group meets at the Anderson's home to share life, encouragement, and prayer requests. First Tuesday of the month at 6:30pm, in Weaverville, NC. For more information and location details, contact David or Leslie Anderson
- North AGAPE Group: This group meets at the home of Dave & Gwen Moore, Tuesdays at 6:30pm, in Mars Hill, NC. For more information, contact Dave or Gwen Moore.
- South AGAPE Group: This is a family-oriented home group that fellowships through worship, prayer, and Bible discussion. Tuesdays at 6:30pm, in Etowah, NC. For more information, contact Chris Ford.
- Youth Group: BRVC Youth is a vibrant ministry aimed at reaching 7th-12th grade, to connect with God, have fun, and build lasting relationships. We are examining our roots and looking at our foundations so we may stand in this ever-changing world and be the light that is desperately needed. We are a growing community of young adults who love to worship, laugh, and learn. We provide a place for artists to grow, gifts to be cultivated, and interests to be shaped in our God’s great kingdom. Come join us! Wednesdays at 6:30pm, at Blue Ridge Vineyard Church. For more information, contact Phillip Mullis.
- Intercessory Prayer Group: Join us as we meet each week, or as often as you are able, to pray together for: our church; individual members’ requests; our community; and our country. We have a short time of worship, a brief devotion/teaching on prayer, and intercession as the Holy Spirit leads us. Thursdays from 10:00am-12:00pm, at Blue Ridge Vineyard Church. For more information, contact Nancy Murray.
- Asheville AGAPE Group: This group meets in Asheville, near Charlotte St. at 6:30pm on Thursday each week. For more information and locations details, contact Mary Ann Yale
- Rewilding Christianity: Encountering the Creator in Creation: In this group, we facilitate a lively discussion centered around God’s design for his people to be healthy and connected to his creation. We will share a healthy meal, worship, and then have a time for discussion and prayer. Some evenings we will meet around the fire. Topics include how to incorporate healing practices through diet and lifestyle, applying principles of permaculture to the current church, evolution versus creation, seeing God’s hand in the design of our planet, how the enemy is always trying to get our eyes off Jesus—plus much more! Listen as this song parallels the idea for this group. Every other Friday at 6:00pm. For more information and meeting location, contact Webb or Danielle Eavenson.
- Men’s Ministry: Men of all ages are invited to come and share in a time of discussion and prayer as we seek to deepen our friendship with God and with our brothers in the Body of Christ. First and third Saturdays of the month at 9:00am. For more information, contact Dave Moore.
- Grace & Praise Ladies’ Dance/Exercise Class: “Grace and Praise” is a dance fitness/exercise class for ladies. It is similar to Zumba and easy to follow, with no experience necessary. We dance to mostly all Christian music, with uplifting and encouraging lyrics! Come get a great workout while having fun in a community setting. Saturdays at 10:30am, at Blue Ridge Vineyard Church. For more information, contact Grace Wickersham.