The History Of Blue Ridge Vineyard Church
Blue Ridge Vineyard was birthed in the hearts of Tom and Beth Camacho who gathered a handful of people in 2008 to seek God's direction in forming a new church in Asheville, NC. After praying and seeking God's heart for this new church, the group began to grow. Once they outgrew the Camacho's living room, the group found a larger facility in North Asheville off Merrimon Ave. When we decided to plant this church, we felt strongly to come back to the place of Beth’s family roots—North Asheville. Beth’s family settled the Reems Creek Valley and the town of Beech (near Weaverville) in the late 1700’s. Her ancestors were governors, military leaders, pastors, and educators in the North Asheville area. We believe we are here to continue building on the foundation these ancestors laid years ago.
In 2010, our young church felt God's leading to join the Vineyard movement of churches (See vineyardusa.org) as an official Vineyard Church plant. Pastor Tom and Beth went through the church planting process with the Vineyard and Blue Ridge Vineyard became an official church plant of the Association of Vineyard Churches on July 11, 2010. The church continues to grow and expand in its ministries and influence.
In 2012, Pastor Tom was asked to be the regional church pastoral coordinator for Vineyard churches in western NC, and the upstate of SC. He also has become a National Church Planting Coach with the Vineyard movement.
Our church seeks to cooperate with the Holy Spirit daily in living out our motto, "Love in Action," as we receive the life-changing love of God through Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit, and give that love away to the next person we meet.